By definition, inflammation is the resynthesis of inflammatory cells. With the increase in the production of inflammatory cells in a body due to many factors, there is a great possibility that persons suffering from acne will also produce more inflammatory cells. Other than acne, inflammation may also affect other body systems like joints, respiratory systems, reproductive systems, and the immune system. Since these inflammatory cells affect the normal functioning of these systems, Omega-3 fatty acids (from fish oil) can also be beneficial for acne.
Inflammation is the reaction of white blood cells to injury, irritation, swelling, etc. This reaction may result to the development of infection in the body system and it affects almost every system; the skin, bones, joints, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, and even the nervous system. Thus, preventing inflammation is more important than treating the symptoms of acne. Recent studies have shown that because most of the oils that we consume are full of Omega-6 fatty acids (from soya, corn, sunflower, etc), we should avoid a diet that is rich in these oils.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered the “good fats” because they help to lower inflammation and produce anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Omega-3’s are found in fish, krill, flax seed, and microalgae. Omega-6’s are considered the “bad fats” because they contribute to inflammation and tumor growth. You consume them in abundance if you eat meat, but if you are a vegetarian, you should include olive oil and other good fats in your diet.
1. It improves iron absorption.
2. It bolsters the immune system and helps in the prevention of autoimmune diseases.
3. Taking it on a regular basis can inhibit the conversion of tryptophan (an essential amino acid) to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), which is a precursor to serotonin, melatonin, and niacin (vitamin B3).
4. It aids in lessening chymentation and macular degeneration.
5. It is beneficial in inflammatory diseases like arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and Crohn’s disease.
6. It reduces inflammation and relieves the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes and night sweats.
7. For pregnant woman, it can minimize the risk of preeclampsia and postpartum depression.
8. Taking it during pregnancy helps in the development of the baby’s brain. Because of this, it is beneficial for the child’s IQ and learning ability.
9. The mercury and toxic chemical contamination in the oceans can have a negative effect on the fish caught in these oceans. Thus, it is good for the baby’s body if the mother takes fish oil supplements during pregnancy.
10. This supplement helps reduce inflammation and cure autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
11. There is an improvement in the skin’s condition.
12. The supplement improves one’s immunity. More than that, it is beneficial for the prevention of autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
13. Taking anti-inflammatory supplements during the pregnancy is good for the prevention of diabetes.
14. It helps prevent mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia. It is also beneficial for people who suffer from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
15. The risk of serious diseases like cancer increases with age. With the help of this supplement, we can reduce this risk.
16. This supplement promotes memory and improve our focusing ability.
17. It improves our immune system by increasing the production of inflammatory cytokines.
18. It improves the flow of blood to the brain and lowers the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
19. It is also beneficial in improving the functions of the pituitary gland.
20. This supplement helps in repairing the neuronal membranes of the brain. Once this happens, the communication between the neurons happens so fast that, we experience mild electrical shocks.
21. People who have suffered from permanent brain damage like stroke and Alzheimer’s disease can benefit from this supplement.
So, this is just a overview of all the benefits that fish oil has to offer. There really aren’t any side effects of this supplement; it is more like a preventive measure that will only help you remain healthy.
As you can see, the benefits of fish oil are uncountable.Only the really bad side effects of fish oil are pointed out in the external link below. You need to be careful before choosing a brand to purchase.